Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Agenda, Febraury 13

Due Now: Johnny Got His Gun, Chapters 5 and6
Due Tomorrow: JGHG, Chapters 7 and 8
Due Tuesday, 2/19: Vocab Sticks
Due Tuesday, 2/19: Develop one of your outlines into a 750-900 word essay. Your audience is the OCHS Literary Magazine staff and the student body of OCHS. Include three rhetorical strategies from the Virtual Salt, underlined and labeled. Include your word count in your  header. Follow MLA format.

  1. Y'all are more persuasive than I thought!
  2. Juxtaposition in Chapter 3
  3. The two most important things in Chapter 4
  4. The two most important things in Chapter 5
  5. The two most important things in Chapter 6

6 comments:

  1. 2 comments from a few days ago never answered:

    McKenna Stephens February 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    So I am trying to add "Johnny Got His Gun" to my bibliography, but I am so lost in the information other than author and title because there are about a bazillion different dates and such and I do not know which on to use. Has anyone figured this out yet?

    -M



    Erin swalwell February 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    Isn't it the oldest date? Or is it the newest?? The oldest is 1939 and the newest I see is 1989... So, would it be one of those Mr. Kline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like McKenna, I'm eagerly awaiting for someone to respond.

      Delete
    2. I say go with the most recent.

      Delete
    3. Ok, so I'll use the most recent date, but what about the publisher? I see "Lyle Stuart," "Bantam Books," and "Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group." So confused...

      Delete
  2. I am still not able to access the Vocab Styx post on my computer, if you could repost it that would be great.

    ReplyDelete