Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Agenda, January 12

Due Now: "A Modest Proposal"
Due Thursday: Synthesis Essay Outline (Thesis, topic sentences, resources / evidence)
Due Friday: Rhetorical Devices Quiz 2 (can you label examples?)

  1. Synthesis Questions - Does anybody remember how to establish a source?
  2. Antithesis, Zeugma, Asyndeton, Polysyndeton
  3. Quickly: Can you generalize? Who is the audience? (textual support, please)
  4. Slowly: What rhetorical strategies does he employ to create satire? 

4 comments:

  1. I love how this class scares me to see what were doing everyday but I end up wanting to look at the blog everyday, multiple times to see what's gonna scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do our thesis statements have to be only one sentence? I cant get all my ideas into that restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thesis doesn't need to be a single sentence; of course, you can always use semi-colons - and dashes (or parentheses) - to add more ideas to a single sentence.

    I wouldn't recommend it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have always been told thesis statements were supposed to be one sentence...so good!

    ReplyDelete