Friday, May 17, 2013

Agenda, May 17

Due Now: Annotated Bibliography with 27 entries only (the 27 works your classmates presented).  Your citations should be double spaced and your annotations should be single spaced. Your annotations should include a 1-2 sentence summary of the piece, the major purpose or purposes of the piece, and three significant rhetorical strategies. The content of your annotations is not limited to what your classmates presented.
Due Now: "The Ways We Lie," by Stephanie Ericsson, in 50 Essays
Due Monday: Outline for Synthesis Paper. I should know the path your river's going to follow to the sea. 
Due Monday (?): "The Insufficiency of Honesty," by Stephen L. Carter (handout & 50 Essays, 2nd Edition) 
Due Friday, 5/31: "What is Justice?" Synthesis Essay 
  1. Stack them Bibliographies
  2. Questions about resources, search terms, structures, or outlines
  3. "The Ways We Lie"
  4. Tighten up!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a little late, but because of my competition I am just now starting on my outline. On my outline do I need to have the sources I am thinking of using or just a general direction I think I am taking my essay? Also, does my outline need to have full sentences or just bullet notes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you talked to your "guy" about this. If you don't have specific sources already, you should have the subject you intend to research. Your topic sentences should be complete sentences, but the details about each paragraph can be bullet points. When I look at your outline, I should have a clear sense of the number of paragraphs in your essay, the evidence you'll bring to bear, and the order of your ideas.

      Delete