Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Agenda, December 15


Due Thursday: Cause and Effect Packet
Due Friday: Process Analysis Outline OR Cause and Effect Outline. No intro - just a thesis, topic sentence for each paragraph; two bulleted details for each paragraph; well-developed conclusion. Typed. Stop writing 5 paragraph outlines, please.
Due Friday: Vocab 11

Info for the bibliography (all the packet texts come from the following anthology): Short Takes: Model Essays for Composition. Ed. Elizabeth Penfield. New York: Pearson Longman 2007  
  1. What you'll do this winter 
  2. C&E Brainstorm. We must be quick!
  3. Process Essay - class choice!
  4. "Tiffany"
  5. To the library!

Bonus C&E prompts: 
A time you were misunderstood. What caused you to be misunderstood? What were the effects of the experience?
Consider common problems (for example, cheating, infidelity). Try to prevent one by analyzing the cause of this common problem. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Kline, I am shamelessly updating my bibliography in the mad fury of Wow-I-really-should-have-done-my-homework-earlier that is January 9th and I have a couple questions.
    1. Should there be a comma between Longman and 2007 in that citation? Such as: New York: Pearson Longman, 2007.
    2. Next up is page numbers. For the packet texts are we using the pages in the packet? I'm assuming yes, but it's been such a long time gone from school, I may have forgotten everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) There should be a comma there, and a period after. I was just providing the information you needed, not the formatting.

    2) You should indeed use the page numbers from the packet. If any are missing or illegible, let me know.

    ReplyDelete