Monday, March 18, 2019

Lit Mag Cover Letter Guidelines

Due by the beginning of class on Tuesday, April 2.
  1. Share your document or send your document as an e-mail attachment to the Lit Mag; include me as a cc or bcc. Please use an e-mail account that you check.
  2. In the e-mail that accompanies your document, include your name and your Advisory teacher. You should also include a brief summary of your piece and an explanation of why your piece is a good fit for the Lit Mag.
  3. Proofread. And proofread. Then, proofread again. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are particularly important in a cover letter. 
  4. When you have submitted your essay, return the hard copy to me. I will enter your score when I receive your hard copy.  
Here's an example of a cover letter:
Dear Editors,

My name is Ed Kline, and my Advisory teacher is Mr. Kline. I have shared my essay, "Why Do We Have To Do This?" for your consideration. This essay is a thoughtful exploration of the ridiculous things teachers ask us to do and a righteous challenge to their arbitrary authority. The students of OCHS will appreciate this essay for its candor and its accurate depiction of our daily miseries. 

Please let me know if you have any difficulties opening the doc.
 
Thank you for your time and consideration,
 
Ed Kline

No comments:

Post a Comment