Tuesday, January 1, 2013

FYI

I just started re-reading Nickel and Dimed this evening. In the introduction, I have six sticky notes with a total of 17 notes covering 9 different rhetorical strategies (lots of ethos and diction notes, among others). It's been awhile since I've used sticky notes instead of simply writing in the book, and I'd forgotten how much it slows me down. Give yourself lots of time to read.

Also, on the very first page, Ehrenreich writes about "the roughly four million women about to be booted into the labor market by welfare reform"(Ehrenreich 1). It would be a good idea to figure out what welfare reform she's talking about and how it affected our society.

I hope you're enjoying your break! I've certainly enjoyed reading your cover letters. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment