Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A Light Through the Dark, by MacKenzie Hood


April 6

I laid down, letting the Darkness wash over me
With its effortless and mighty currents.
The icy water chilled me with a bitterness
That made my bones ache, my skin scream in protest
To only be silenced by the numbing wave that consumed me. 

I so desperatley wanted to resurface, 
But a thin film above me seperated the two worlds,
And something held me captive,
Refusing to let me escape
Despite my tortured soul begging to be released. 
But a Light, shining with an eerie but sacred beauty,
Cut through the deep Darkness of the night 
With an edge that broke the surface. 
Setting me free and breaking my chains. 

I was on the outside, looking in,
But now I’m on the inside. 
I let the Light bask over me, 
Warming my frigid heart and drying my tears.
I’m home, and saying my goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment