Sunday, April 5, 2020

Unanswered Prayers, by MacKenzie Hood


April 4th 

Sometimes I still talk to You,
As if I’m still in Your presence.
Whispering into the abyss of night,
Praying for a response, a sign that You’re there. 
Can You hear me?
Do You hear my cries, my unanswered questions?

I wonder if You are just as lost, if You, too,
Are stranded in the middle of a reckless sea,
An unsteady raft being thrown side to side by mighty waves,
With a thundering storm looming overhead
Hopeless and scared, and no destination in sight. 
Are You here with me?

I see You in every sunrise
And in the stars that I’ve never truly admired for their simplistic beauty
I see Your soul moving within others, 
Within me. 
You are everywhere 
Except right here next to me, and I hate it. 


When I pray, I find that it’s not to God anymore,
But to You.
And I’m hoping that You’ll answer.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment